MSc Botany 1st Semester Course Outline 2023.MSc Botany 1st Semester Course Outline 2023.
MSc in Botany (Semester Wise)
The MSc botany syllabus has a different curriculum, subjects, seminars, and research. The two-year course is divided into four semesters. The first three semesters have both theory and practical, but the four-semester has a research dissertation. They have courses in Plant Physiology, Bioinformatics, Cell Biology, Microbiology, etc.
- Bryophytes, Pteridophytes, and Gymnosperms
- Cell Biology and Biomolecules
- Plant Anatomy and Developmental Biology
- Genetics and Genomics
- Mycology and Plant Pathology
- Paleobotany and Palynology
- Taxonomy of Angiosperms
- Plant Molecular Biotechnology and Biology
- Plant Physiology and Biochemistry
- Microbial Biotechnology
- Plant Physiology and Pharmacognosy
- Computer Applications and Bioinformatics
Admission Process for MSc Botany Syllabus
Getting admission to study MSC in top universities is entrance based but there are other universities offering grant merit-based admission. The admission process comprises four processes:
Step 1: Application for the Course:
The applicant will apply through the school website for the course. Many colleges offer joint application forms for both the entrance examination and the course application.
Step 2. Entrance Exam:
The entrance examination is mandatory for applicants to write in any top university. An applicant wanting to gain admission for the MSc Botany course will have to write the entrance examination for MSC in Botany. Some of these entrance examinations are BHU PET, AUCET, CUCET, and DU Entrance Examination.
Step 3: Preparation of Merit List for Counseling:
The university will offer a list of successful applicants who will be interviewed and document verification. It is advisable to check the university website for the latest update regularly.
Step 4: Interview, Document Verification, and Enrollment:
It is the last step in the admission process to study MSc in Botany where successful applicants will be interviewed. During document verification, the applicant is required to present their original academic transcripts and other documents. When you are eligible for admission, the school will offer you admission.
What is the MSc Botany Eligibilities?
These are the criteria you need for MSc in Botany
- A BSc degree with Honours in courses like Botany, Life Sciences, Biological Sciences, and Zoology.
- Applicants should finish graduation with a minimum score of 50%, but some schools might want 55% marks.
- An applicant should enroll for MSc in Botany having at least 10+2+3 years of study with Bio-science at 10+2 level.
- National level entrance examination with a high score to meet the cutoff point.
Job Roles for MSc in Botany
There are lots of jobs for MSc in Botany and it relies on various factors like the job location, pay scale, educational qualification, interest, etc. These are some of the job roles:
They work on discovering environmental threats to trees and plants for climate control and the protection of diverse plant species. Also, ecologists cover scientific investigations and classify different organisms and plants.
The florist is responsible for pruning flowers, processing flower shipment, and composing marketable bouquets. They involve the selling of flowers and plants like wreaths and bouquets. It is another botanist career to earn a high income.
It is a systematic process involving plant classification using the biological and physical characteristics of plants. Taxonomist classifies and identifies different plant species. Also, they research how they interact in their ecosystems.
MSc in botany gives you the avenue to work in laboratories to perform diverse experiments using different plant species. As a researcher, you need to pay attention to details and be attentive to avoid unwanted mistakes in the lab.
In the agricultural sector, botanists are wanted to produce crops free from diseases for human consumption. They implement several methods both organic and inorganic for weed control. On the other hand, they are vast in areas like farm management, animal specialization, biotechnology, crop farming, etc.
M.Sc in Botany Reference Books
These MSc in Botany reference books equip students with various knowledge and topics in the course curriculum. Some of these reference books for MSc in botany are:
- Encyclopedia of Plant and Crop Science by Robert M. Goodman (Editor)
- Chemical Microbiology by Rose
- Concise Encyclopedia of Plant Pathology by P. Vidhyasekaran
- A Dictionary of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics by R. J. Lincoln; G. A. Boxshall; P. F. Clark
- Chromatography: Concepts and Contrasts by James Miller, John Wiley, and Sons
MSc Botany syllabus covers diverse areas that offer the students with skills to excel in different fields. Before you can perform well in their entrance examination, you will need to prepare well by studying their past questions and buying reference books for the course.
Key Points of MSc Botany
- Course Duration: 2 Years (Full-time)
- Minimum Eligibility: 50% score in BSc degree from a reputable university
- Admission Process: Both Merit-based or Entrance Examination
- MSc Botany Entrance Examination: TUEE, CUCET, DUET, LPUNEST, etc.
- Top Universities: Hindu College, Banaras Hindu University, Delhi University, Miranda College.
- Common Jobs for MSc Botany Graduates: Biotech Marketing Executive, Medical Coder, Research Associate, Diagnostic Specialist, etc.
- Popular MSc Botany Courses: D. in Botany and M.Phil Botany