CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus 2023: Physical Education is one of the popular subjects among class 12 students. A number of students appear for the Physical Education Board Exam every year. Physical Education is not only important for physical or mental fitness but it prepares individuals to set personal, achievable goals in life and strive for achieving them. Therefore, it is considered one of the important subjects offered in senior secondary classes.
We have provided here the CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus for the current academic session, 2023. This syllabus is in accordance with the annual assessment. Students must go through the full syllabus to know the latest course structure and exam pattern. The details of unit-wise contents and practicals can be checked from this syllabus.
Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus
Class 12 Physical Education exam will carry a total of 70 marks of Theory with a Practical Exam accounting for 30 marks. The following table shows the CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus with unit-wise topics:
|1.||Management of Sporting Events||Functions of Sports Events ManagementVarious Committees & their Responsibilities Fixtures and its Procedures – Knock-Out & League|
|2.||Children & Women in Sports||Common Postural DeformitiesSpecial considerationFemale Athletes Triad|
|3.||Yoga as Preventive measure for Lifestyle Disease||Yoga (Asanas) as Preventive Measure for:Obesity DiabetesAsthmaHypertension|
|4.||Physical Education & Sports for CWSN (Children with Special Needs – Divyang)||Organizations promoting Disability SportsAdvantages of Physical Activities for children with special needsStrategies to make Physical Activities accessible for children with special needs.|
|5.||Sports & Nutrition||Concept of balance diet and nutritionMacro and Micro Nutrients: Food sources & functions Nutritive & Non-Nutritive Components of Diet|
|6.||Test & Measurement in Sports||Fitness Test – SAI Khelo India Fitness Test in schoolComputing Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)Rikli & Jones – Senior Citizen Fitness Test|
|7.||Physiology & Injuries in Sports||Physiological factors determining components of physical fitnessEffect of exercise on Muscular SystemEffect of exercise on Cardio-Respiratory SystemSports injuries: Classification|
|8.||Biomechanics & Sports||Newton’s Law of Motion & its application in sportsEquilibrium – Dynamic & Static and Center of Gravity and its application in sportsFriction & SportsProjectile in Sports|
|9.||Psychology & Sports||Personality; its definition & types Meaning, Concept & Types of Aggressions in SportsPsychological Attributes in Sports – Self Esteem, Mental Imagery, Self Talk, Goal Setting|
|10.||Training in Sports||Concept of Talent Identification and Talent Development in Sports Introduction to Sports Training Cycle – Micro, Meso, Macro CycleTypes & Method to Develop – Strength, Endurance and SpeedTypes & Method to Develop – Flexibility and Coordinative Ability|
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Practical
Class 12 Physical Education Practical will include fitness test, proficiency in sports, yoga, followed by a viva and inspection of record file. Marks distribution for Class 12 Physical Education is given below:
|1.||Physical Fitness TestSAI Khelo India Test,Brockport Physical Fitness Test (BPFT)||06 marks|
|2.||Proficiency in Games and Sports(Skill of any one IOA recognised Sport/Game of Choice))||07 marks|
|3.||Yogic Practices||07 marks|
|4.||Record FilePractical-1: Fitness tests administrationPractical-2: Procedure for Asanas, Benefits & Contraindication for any two Asanas for each lifestyle diseasePractical-3: Anyone one IOA recognised Sport/Game of choice. Labeled diagram of Field &Equipment. Also mention its Rules, Terminologies & Skills||05 marks|
|5.||Viva Voce||05 marks|
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus Preparation Tips
CBSE 12 Physical Education Syllabus Preparation Tips
- Theory: Although, PEd is all about physical activities, the theory exam still carries more marks, which indicates that along with honing your physical skills it is a good idea to prepare thoroughly for the theory as well. Go through reference books and prepare according to the CBSE prescribed syllabus.
- Work on Weak Areas: Physical Education exam, especially practical can be taxing if you are lacking in one or more areas. Identify those areas, check the CBSE Class 12 PEd syllabus for the parameters on which you will be judged and work accordingly.
- Games/ Sports: Choose your favorite game, learn not just how to play it but all of its technicalities including rules and regulations as well as recent trends. Practice your game play. For theory exams, solve previous year question papers and sample question papers.
- Yoga: In order to fetch full points in the Yoga section, learn each and every step as well as practice it whenever possible. Learn various advantages & benefits of the asanas you will be performing which will help in Viva.
- Practical Record File: Maintain the Record File according to the guidelines provided by the CBSE. Put emphasis on clear presentation of data along with infographics and diagrams wherever needed.
Check CBSE Class 12 Physical Education (Code No. 048) Syllabus below:
Max. Marks 70
Unit I – Management of Sporting Events
- Functions of Sports Events Management (Planning, Organising, Staffing, Directing & Controlling)
- Various Committees & their Responsibilities (pre; during & post)
- Fixtures and its Procedures – Knock-Out (Bye & Seeding) & League (Staircase & Cyclic)
Unit II – Children & Women in Sports
- Common Postural Deformities – Knock Knee; Bow Legs; Flat Foot; Round Shoulders; Lordosis, Kyphosis, and Scoliosis and their corrective measures
- Special consideration (Menarche & Menstrual Dysfunction)
- Female Athletes Triad (Osteoporosis, Amenorrhea, Eating Disorders)
Unit III – Yoga as Preventive measure for Lifestyle Disease ·
- Obesity: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications for Tadasana, Katichakrasana, Pavanmuktasana, Matsayasana, Halasana, Pachimottansana, Ardha – Matsyendrasana, Dhanurasana, Ushtrasana, Suryabedhan pranayama. ·
- Diabetes: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications for Katichakrasana, Pavanmuktasana,Bhujangasana, Shalabhasana, Dhanurasana, Supta-vajarasana, Paschimottanasana, Ardha-Mastendrasana, Mandukasana, Gomukasana, Yogmudra, Ushtrasana, Kapalabhati. ·
- Asthma: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications for Tadasana, Urdhwahastottansana, UttanMandukasana, Bhujangasana, Dhanurasana, Ushtrasana, Vakrasana, Kapalbhati, Gomukhasana Matsyaasana, Anuloma-Viloma. ·
- Hypertension: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications for Tadasana, Katichakransan, Uttanpadasana, Ardha Halasana, Sarala Matyasana, Gomukhasana, UttanMandukasana, Vakrasana, Bhujangasana, Makarasana, Shavasana, Nadishodhanapranayam, Sitlipranayam.
Unit IV – Physical Education & Sports for CWSN (Children with Special Needs – Divyang)
- Organizations promoting Disability Sports (Special Olympics; Paralympics; Deaflympics)
- Advantages of Physical Activities for children with special needs.
- Strategies to make Physical Activities assessable for children with special needs.
Unit V – Sports & Nutrition
- Concept of balance diet and nutrition
- Macro and Micro Nutrients: Food sources & functions
- Nutritive & Non-Nutritive Components of Diet
Unit VI Test & Measurement in Sports
- Fitness Test – SAI Khelo India Fitness Test in school:
o Age group 5-8 yrs/ class 1-3: BMI, Flamingo Balance Test, Plate Tapping Test
o Age group 9-18yrs/ class 4-12: BMI, 50mt Speed test, 600mt Run/Walk, Sit & Reach flexibility test, Strength Test (Abdominal Partial Curl Up, Push-Ups for boys, Modified Push-Ups for girls).
- Computing Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
- Rikli & Jones – Senior Citizen Fitness Test
I. Chair Stand Test for lower body strength
II. Arm Curl Test for upper body strength
III. Chair Sit & Reach Test for lower body flexibility
IV. Back Scratch Test for upper body flexibility
V. Eight Foot Up & Go Test for agility
VI. Six Minute Walk Test for Aerobic Endurance
Unit VII Physiology & Injuries in Sports
- Physiological factors determining components of physical fitness
- Effect of exercise on Muscular System
- Effect of exercise on Cardio-Respiratory System
- Sports injuries: Classification (Soft Tissue Injuries -Abrasion, Contusion, Laceration, Incision, Sprain & Strain; Bone & Joint Injuries – Dislocation, Fractures – Green Stick, Comminuted, Transverse Oblique & Impacted) Unit VIII Biomechanics & Sports
- Newton’s Law of Motion & its application in sports
- Equilibrium – Dynamic & Static and Centre of Gravity and its application in sports
- Friction & Sports
- Projectile in Sports
Unit IX Psychology & Sports
- Personality; its definition & types (Jung Classification & Big Five Theory)
- Meaning, Concept & Types of Aggressions in Sports
- Psychological Attributes in Sports – Self Esteem, Mental Imagery, Self Talk, Goal Setting Unit X Training in Sports
- Concept of Talent Identification and Talent Development in Sports
- Introduction to Sports Training Cycle – Micro, Meso, Macro Cycle.
- Types & Method to Develop – Strength, Endurance and Speed
- Types & Method to Develop – Flexibility and Coordinative Ability
Practical: Max. Marks 30
01. Physical Fitness Test: SAI Khelo India Test, Brockport Physical Fitness Test (BPFT) – 6 Marks
02. Proficiency in Games and Sports (Skill of any one IOA recognised Sport/Game of Choice) – 7 Marks
03. Yogic Practices – 7 Marks
04. Record File – 5 Marks
05. Viva Voce (Health/ Games & Sports/ Yoga) – 5 Marks
CBSE Class 12th Syllabus 2023 All Subjects
|CBSE 12th Class Syllabus 2023||CBSE 12th Class Split up Syllabus 2023|
|English Core||Download View|
|Fine Arts||Download View|
|Political Science||Download View|
|Computer Science||Download View|
|Physical Education||Download View|